Okay, so today's card is called a "Decorative Corner Card". As you can see from a few photo's below, the card is secured from both sides so that it looks like a box when opened:
The photo below is taken from the top so you can see how the card opens and can stand for displaying:
The card does fold flat along with the sentiment for mailing. I used the Party Wishes stamp set, the It's My Party Designer Paper and the Party Punch Pack on today's card. These products are all new from the Occasions Catalog and will be available for purchase on January 5th:
If you would like to try your hand at making one of these cards, here are the steps for you. You will need the following pieces:
- Card Base: Sahara Sand Cardstock measuring 5-1/2" x 8-1/2". Score at 2-1/8", 4-1/4", 6-3/8". Fold on all score lines.
- Layer #2: cut (4) pieces of Melon Mambo Cardstock measuring 5-1/4" x 1-7/8".
- Layer #3: cut (3) pieces of Designer Paper and (1) piece of Whisper White Cardstock measuring 5" x 1-5/8".
- Glue the layers to the card base between each score line as shown. The white layer will be used for writing and stamping on as you wish:
- Create a strip of Sahara Sand measuring 1" x 5-1/2". Score in the center at 1/2" and fold. Add Tear & Tape to both sides:
- Remove the backing from one strip of Tear & Tape and glue to the underside of the card base on one end, press in place:
- Fold the card in the center to glue the other end to the strip after removing the backing from the Tear & Tape. Press in place. Your card should now look like a box:
- Sentiment Layer: You will need (2) circles cut with the 1" Circle Punch and Sahara Sand Cardstock. Score and fold the circles in half. Using he center score line, glue half of each circle by placing them side-by-side on the score line as shown below:
- Create the sentiment layer. I used Crushed Curry Cardstock and the Lots of Layers Framelits Dies to cut the bottom shape. I stamped the cake using Sahara Sand Ink followed by the sentiment in Melon Mambo Ink on Whisper White Cardstock and cut using the Ovals Framelits Dies. I layered by using Stampin' Dimensionals to the back of the oval. Press this layer over the circles with the adhesive: