May 8, 2012

Tuesday Tips or Techniques-Altering the Decorative Label Punch!

Remember this card I posted last week? Notice the shape that I used for my sentiment layer? Where did that come from? Scroll down and I will show you how to complete this for my Tuesday Tips or Techniques!


You will need:
  • Decorative Label Punch
  • Cardstock
  • Scrap cardstock piece
  • Adhesive

Step 1:


Using the Decorative Label Punch, cut (1) with your desired cardstock color. You will also need a scrap piece of cardstock.

Step 2:


Using the scrap piece of cardstock, glue to the top of your cut-out label as shown. This will serve as a "handle".

Step 3:


Using the "handle", slide the cut label into your punch, (turn the punch so the open-hole side is facing you), and position the label part-way into the punch as shown.

Step 4:


When you are satisfied with the positioning of your label, go ahead and squeeze your punch to cut out the shape!

Note: If you use temporary adhesive like Dotto, you can remove the handle and use it on the opposite side of the label and actually cut 2 with one label!




Follow Me on Pinterest

9 comments:

  1. Debbie, I must have missed the posting of this card. I love the twine lolly pop! You are so clever to use a partial punch and come up with a newly shaped tag...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great tip Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant Debbie, I just assumed you'd done it with a regular punch that I don't have. I'm off to try it out for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, what type of adhesive did you use on the lollipop? I used snail and it didn't hold right and then the red tape stuff - I made a mess when the twine kept sticking to it. Yours is perfect! Any other tricks to this? I pretty much have the label thing down.

    Chris R. from Iowa
    ckrobinson01@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! Thanks for sharing.
    I'm your newest follower from Stampin Connection. Hope to see you around.

    Stephanie
    http://stampnsteph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can also use a Post-It as your handle to grip the tag...Love the new shape you created!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm seeing 'moustache' with that leftover bit :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!